Reasons to Insulate Your Garage Door
If you’re looking to replace your home’s garage door, you’ve likely heard or come across door upgrade options like added insulation. By selecting a garage door with insulation, you can improve the door’s durability, reduce heat loss and add home value.
Benefits of Garage Door Insulation
Over the past few years, more homeowners have been choosing to install an insulated garage door because of their unmatched value and benefits. By improving your garage door construction to include added insulation, you can experience the following benefits:
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Garages aren’t always considered a part of your home, and many are built using different construction methods, but garages do contribute to the comfort of your house. Many doors often have gaps or thin outer materials that can lead to frequent air exchanges between indoor and outdoor environments. With an insulated garage door, you can prevent this airflow and establish regular, steady temperatures, which reduces the amount of work your heating and cooling system performs to keep your home comfortable.
- Added Durability: To include the added insulation, these garage doors have different construction techniques than a single-layer garage door. Insulated garage doors are often made from a steel or aluminum frame that’s filled with the insulation. This thicker construction means the door is more resistant to dents and other damages.
- Quieter Door Operations: Not only does garage door insulation mean your door is more resistant to damage, but its thicker construction also means it has sound-dampening properties, so you notice less noise while the door is opening and closing.
- Better Protection: Extremely warm or cool temperatures can wreak havoc on items stored in your garage, decreasing the quality of your vehicle and stored fluids. Having an insulated garage door will better regulate the temperature of your garage and prevent several temperature-related car issues, like thickened motor fluids, low tire pressure, dead batteries, or malfunctioning spark plugs and wiring.
- More Comfortable Environments: Whether scurrying to your car to seek relief from cold or hot temperatures or performing hobbies in your garage, having more consistent indoor temperatures will make being in your garage more comfortable. With an insulated garage door, the temperature in your garage can be kept steady and pleasant.
Keep Comfortable and Efficient With Oregon City Garage Door
To learn more about the benefits of an insulated garage door, contact the skilled professionals at Oregon City Garage Door. We have over 25 years of experience working with garage doors throughout the Portland area, and offer a variety of stylish and efficient Clopay insulated garage doors. With a new insulated garage door from Oregon City Garage Door, we guarantee you’ll notice a more comfortable indoor environment, added convenience and improved efficiency.
At Oregon City Garage Door, we strive to always establish positive experiences with all our customers throughout the area and do so by providing free project estimates, garage door installation warranties and emergency response services. Explore our selection of insulated garage doors today, or request services by filling out our online contact form or calling 503-632-3070 to speak to a team member.