Our Garage Door Maintenance and Tune-Up Services
At Oregon City Garage Door, we are dedicated to providing our customers with comprehensive and exceptional garage door repair and maintenance services throughout the Portland, OR, area. Our team has more than 25 years of experience installing and servicing residential and commercial garage doors, and we have the tools, knowledge and expertise to quickly and accurately diagnose any common garage door issue your door may be experiencing.
If you’re in need of service, give us a call today at (503) 662-7665.
How Often Do Garage Doors Need to Be Serviced?
Experts recommend servicing your garage door every 12 months. However, you may need service more or less frequently based on how much you use your door. Some commercial garage doors go up and down dozens of times a day, so they may need more frequent service due to the extra wear and tear. Our preventive maintenance measures can keep minor problems from growing worse.
You should watch for a few signs that indicate you need garage door service. Be mindful of:
- Squeaks or excess or noise when you open the door.
- Slow response time after you hit the garage door opener.
- Broken springs.
- Rising energy bills.
When Should Each Part Be Serviced?
Not every component of your garage will need service at the same time. Here are a few parts you should pay extra attention to:
- Door balance: The balance and spring tension may need work every decade, which is when you should replace springs. You should also check the balance and spring tension yearly. Breaks most often occur in the winter, when cold weather can increase tension.
- Hinges and rollers: Check these every 12 months, seeing if the nuts and bolts remain in the proper place. Look for splitting or cracking.
- Weather seal: You may need to replace the weather seal every few years depending on the amount of wear. Turn out the lights in the garage during the day and see if any light shines in from the door to determine if you need to replace the weather seal.
- Lubricant: Check this every six months and add a garage door lubricant without silicone. Do it at least once in the winter.
Tips for Maintaining Your Garage Doors
You can contribute to the upkeep of your garage doors by maintaining them between service visits. Get in the habit of checking your door hardware for wear and tear. Look at the door tracks and hinges and tighten up any loose bolts. Search for rust or broken strands. You should also check for worn steel roller bearings or cracked nylon rollers.
Cleaning the garage door can also keep it in good shape. Look at the door’s surface as you clean to find any holes that need to be plugged. Get rid of cobwebs and dust.
Benefits of Garage Door Maintenance
While your garage door has likely operated reliably for many years without issue, it’s essential to have one of the professionals at Oregon City Garage Door inspect and perform routine maintenance on your door at least once per year. Most people are estimated to use their garage doors at least 1500 times per year, and many homeowners make the mistake of only having a professional inspect the components of their garage doors once something has broken.
By performing regular garage door maintenance annually with the assistance of a professional, you can benefit from:
- Improved Safety: With routine garage door maintenance every year, a technician can identify and repair parts and hardware that are broken or need to be replaced soon. With preventative action, you can avoid inconvenient and costly breakages that could injure someone or leave you stranded either inside or outside of your garage.
- Lower Repair Costs: On average, most annual garage door checkups and follow-up repairs are much less expensive than having emergency repairs performed after your garage door has already suffered a break or damages.
- Longer Lifespan: Garage doors weren’t designed to last your lifetime. However, by taking proper care of the parts and hardware and scheduling regular maintenance checks, your garage door can look pristine and operate optimally for 15 to 20 years.
Garage Door Maintenance Services Throughout Portland and Beyond
At Oregon City Garage Door, we are experts at knowing how to lengthen the lifespan of your garage door. Commonly, with high daily usage and age, your garage door tension springs, tracks and cables will wear and eventually break. Our trained and knowledgeable professionals will inspect these components of your garage, ensuring they’re properly maintained and lubricated to operate reliably for many years.
In addition to inspecting these parts and hardware pieces, our technicians will perform these garage door maintenance tasks during your annual maintenance visit:
- Tighten nuts and other components
- Apply grease and lubricant to all moving parts
- Inspect all cables, drums, shafts, bottom fixture, bearing plate and spring anchor attachment
- Fix and replace garage door panels
- Perform garage door opener inspection and adjust settings
After performing maintenance and a check on all systems and hardware, our skilled technicians will make any repair or upgrade recommendations to ensure the safe operation and longevity of your garage door system. For all repair needs, we’ll work closely with your to find high-quality solutions that meet your requirements and don’t stretch your budget.
Contact Us for Garage Door Maintenance Services Near the Metro Portland Area
Keep your garage door properly functioning for many years with the help of the professionals at Oregon City Garage Door. Our garage door maintenance and repair services are available six days per week for all residents located throughout Portland, Lake Oswego, Wilsonville, Tigard, Tualatin, and the surrounding areas. For all of our customers, we provide free estimates on garage door installations and warranties on our parts and labor.
We offer convenient service hours on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on weekends by appointment. We can work on residential as well as commercial garage doors. Our team cares about performing the best we can for your garage door maintenance needs.